Where do you start your Dream?

Have you ever wanted to do something but didn't know where to start?

I have been inspired by fashion for sometime now but didn't know where I fit in.

I learned to sew by hand when I was only seven.  Fast-forward twenty seven years later I launched and designed a fashion boutique full of Italian-made shoes in Beverly Hills.  At the time I thought this was a match made in heaven.  Nope!

I continued to dream of my own fashion label but didn't know where to begin.  I went to Paris for inspiration and returned to Los Angeles after 6 months with a vision but still didn't know where to start.

I researched different fashion design programs around the world only to enroll at the local community college where Rick Owens CA native studied fashion design.  He currently has a fashion house in Paris.

I wanted to learn the basic principles of design.  And this is where the story really begins.

I just left my Fashion Design and Sketching class (Day 2 this week) and I am so excited.  So full of emotions! How do I describe what I'm feeling?

My instructor called a break and I continued to work, continued sketch, practice over and over again.

Finally, my dream has begun.  That moment of bliss I'd search the world for through my travels and now I've found it. But this is only the beginning.

If you have a passion or dream and don't know where to start take a class at the local community college to ignite the fire within.  You will become aware and the courses are inexpensive.

Talk to the people in class and the instructor to gain an understanding of the course objective and compare that to what you want to learn.  Above all follow your instincts.

Let's join in the journey together in living our dreams.
     

No comments: