Living:"to be great you have to believe in something greater"

"To Be Extraordinary, you have to do extraordinary things,
To Be Great, you have to Believe in something greater"

This is the thought I contemplated as I walked 2 blocks to my car rushing to work as usual. The night before I planned to wake up early to drive 17 minutes to the beach for a nice jog. But the urge to sleep in got the best of me.

If only I could wake up early, If only I could not make staying in bed an option. How can I be someone greater if I continue with the same habits of going to bed early and waking up late?

I enjoy reading about people doing extraordinary things. I have found the most common habit these people share is they "wake up early". While everyone else is sleeping they're awake preparing for the life they are living.

Yesterday I read about Tom Ford. He wakes up no later than 4:30am drinks his coffee and takes a hot bath, then works out.

Today I read about a 70 year old woman who plants a garden of fruits and vegetables and lives a vegan lifestyle. She wakes up no later than 5:30am as a rule she says.

There is so much I want to do for myself in the morning before I go to someone else office.

"I will not let staying in bed be an option". I 've found setting the intention the night before helps in the mornings to come.
Good night,M-




4 comments:

Jade said...

I can totally relate. I'm in the same boat. I constantly ask myself...what happened to my "Gusto?" Good Read my friend...

Natasha said...

This is wonderful, I set the alarm clock at 5:45 am every morning and I still push the snooze button every morning. This time could be my me time before i get the kids up for school. I really have to get motivated. Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

Jade I appreciate you taking the time to read my scribbles. We can definitely encourage each other on getting our Gusto back. I miss my gusto too girl. Hope to see you soon.

Unknown said...

Natasha girl, the snooze button will not be the death of my dreams if I can help it. A friend suggested to put the alarm clock far away from the bed so I have to get out the bed to turn it off. The idea is to stay out of bed. I will try that tonight, let you know how it turns out.

Thank you again for reading, let me know if you find something different that works for you.