The Fashion World of Jean-Paul Gaultier



Designers are the catalysts of their time; Their Role is to translate the changes,
the mutations, the evolution of society -Jean Paul Gaultier

The Fashion World of Jean Paul Gaultier: From the Sidewalk to the Catwalk exhibition is the first international exhibit devoted to the celebrated French couturier.  Dubbed fashion's "infant terrible" by the press with advent of his first runway shows in the 1970's Jean Paul Gaultier is indisputably recognized today as one of the most important fashion designers of our era.  

This 'Immaculata"gown from his Virgins collection, Haute Couture Spring/Summer 2007 was truly immaculate.  The dress for its crocheted lace with cherub appliques in linen and crocheted lace headdress and mask was fit for a queen.  
Stay Tuned In, I will show you my absolute favorite piece tomorrow, Check out my forbidden video below. I didn't know I couldn't video. See more pics from the 140 piece collection here

No comments: