Running 10K to Support the Heal the Bay!

Today starts my training for the 10k Race Santa Monica Classic  to support the Heal the Bay organization. Heal the Bay is a nonprofit environmental organization dedicated to making Southern California coastal waters and watersheds including Santa Monica Bay, safe, healthy and clean.  I absolutely love nature, water and was so truly inspired to run the 10k last year.  I am determined to run the race this year and will be prepared for the rain.  Last year, we did not dress for the change in weather as if it never rains in Southern California.  I kid you not, the moment we sat foot in Santa Monica, the rain stopped and it was on! I knew mother nature was on our side.  At the start, everyone took off running.  It was so exhilarating. A total euphoric experience. If you are in town, it would be great to have everyone join in the race.  The race is in 19 more days so I will run 14 days total including today, alternating between 3 to 6miles.  And rest in between.  Because I've learned from my 21 day brazilian booty challlenge that your girl needs to rest, plenty of water and relax in lavender epsom salt.  Hope to see you out there running to Heal the Bay.

No comments: