Your Passion in Action

To become a master at something you have to train yourself.  You have to decide what it is you want to do.   Once you decide, Now take action. Do something! Anything, Just do it.

It's amazing once you get started it all comes together somehow.. But what surprised me was sometimes there are moments of discomfort where you don't understand or you simply don't want to work.

I used to think well it's my passion and I should naturally want to work at it and I do naturally want to work at it but that's not enough to make me do something I am not in the habit of doing everyday.  It takes practice.  Everyday a conscious effort to practice working at it.

There will be times you don't want to do the work, research or exercise but those are the moments of  life that matters the most, the moments we choose to stay in bed and watch American Idol, Scandal or even go out with our friends. Guess what Kerry Washington did her work (years of work) and now she can show up like a gladiator in a suit every week.

Every time... you have to choose you, your passion, your dreams.

There is nothing wrong with having a good time with friends. I believe life is a balance.  But you know you didn't get your ass up and do your work. So now you have to choose to work for your jewel moment. The moment where nothing else matters but you.  Sounds selfish? yeah It's ok,

My plan of action is to get up early everyday for one year. 10 minutes in the beginning.  Then gradually increase my time.  I will set a timer. 10 minutes everyday of design and sketching to train my eye and hand to work for that jewel moment.  No facebooking, no emails, turn everything off except what you need to work.
I will share my updates weekly, so check back.

It takes time and effort to become a master of your passion.-
Above is a pic I took at the Jean Paul Gaultier exhibit in San Francisco  last month. 
Best M

No comments: