Be Beautiful Project Art Exhibit! A Must See!

 

 






This past Saturday was the opening night of the "Be Beautiful Project"  a Women's group Art Exhibit at the Papillion Art Institute located at 1835 S Main St. LA CA hosted by none other than Shawanna Davis herself the Beauty Ambassador of Los Angeles.

This event was a dream come true for Shawanna and I was delighted to be apart of it.  Ironically, I meet random people and we speak on beauty-related products, where to find a natural hair stylist or how to achieve a spectacular look and don't you know it  Shawanna's  name always comes up.  She's such a beautiful spirit.

There were several artist showing their work Saturday night, however there were three that caught my eye but one in particular that moved me to the core.  Taye Hansberry's "Self Perception" Photographs earned a moment of pause to think, to ponder to discuss with Sophia as to what these photographs mean.  As the curator explained the number represents the age of the individual and the word represents what their breasts means to them.

 I went to work today talking about this exhibit and decided to share with you today.   For so many years the media in all forms has strongly suggested what beauty is or should be.  However,  seven years  ago I decided to take a stance on what my subconscious considers as beautiful.   I surrounded myself with images of what I considered beautiful.  I stood in the mirror and looked at my naked body and learned to love me for me.  I challenged you to do the same.

No comments: